Order of the Arrow
National Honor Society
of the Boy Scouts of America
Brotherhood of Cheerful Service

Shkote' Pne'Shi Chapter
Meet every 2nd Thursday of the month between 7:00 and 8:00pm
Unity Lutheran Church
1212 W Balmoral Ave
Chicago, IL 60640

Owasippe Lodge #7
History and Tradition
by Sean Lamble
Owasippe Lodge #7 began in 1921, when Moqua Lodge #7 was created at Camp Owasippe, six years after the Order was founded. Between 1921 and 1929, four other lodges named after the different camps at Owasippe Scout Reservation were created. These were Wakay Lodge #13, Checaugau Lodge #21, Blackhawk Lodge #23 and Garrison Lodge #25. On May 18, 1929, these five lodges merged to form Owasippe Lodge #7.

Our current lodge totem is a hand grasping an arrow, in front of the number seven. The hand represents the five original lodges that merged to form Owasippe Lodge.

For the past 87 years, Owasippe Lodge has followed the traditions set by the Founders of the Order, Dr. E. Urner Goodman and Carroll A. Edson. To this very day, our lodge strives to understand the spirit and the principles that are instilled into us from the induction process and make it part of our daily lives.

Owasippe Lodge is the oldest lodge in the Central Region; and the home to the 1931 National Chief of the Order of the Arrow, George Mozealous, and the 1961 Chief of the Order of the Arrow, Ronald Temple. Notably, in 1931, Owasippe Lodge produced a field manual for its members that would later be used as the forerunner for a nationally distributed manual.